Sunday, January 19, 2014

Joseph Michael Mattingly

Enrolled at OLMC from 1984 to 1992, Joseph Michael Mattingly went on to become a Nurse.  He lives in Energy, Illinois with son, James, who is almost seven years old and a one year old daughter, Emily.  Joseph shares this special memory about his time as a student:  "My very first basketball game in 5th grade was at Crab Orchard.  Coach Lukens put me in near the end of the game at point guard.  I remember dribbling the ball down the floor with just a minute or so remaining.  Our team hadn't scored any points yet.  As our team came down the floor, I shot the ball near the top of the key and it banked off of the backboard and went into the basket to score the only points our team scored.  I vividly remember the crowd cheering loudly when that happened.  It was great!"

No comments:

Post a Comment